Tim Johnson wrote:
Hello:
I'm using vim compiled as 'vim.full' for kubuntu 7.04 amd-64.
I can load one file and one file only - it's a python file - where
syntax highlighting comes on automatically. Any subsequent
files with a .py extension are loaded with only strings highlighted.
:setf python enables full highlighting

I'm baffled. I've rebuilt .vimrc and .gvimrc one line at a time
and I see nothing that could be causing this.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
Tim

In your second (badly highlighted) *.py file, what does Vim answer to

        :verbose set filetype?

?

VIRGO (Aug 23 - Sept 22)
        You are the logical type and hate disorder.  This nitpicking is
        sickening to your friends.  You are cold and unemotional and
        sometimes fall asleep while making love.  Virgos make good bus
        drivers.