> > That's fantastic! I've obviously not been paying enough attention
> > to vim_mac. Is there a good way to get it working in xterm? I tried
> > running MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim, but it didn't recognize the
> > OSX clipboard ("*p).
>
> As far as I understand, MacVim is mainly about the gui version of
> vim. It's a rewrite of the GUI using different technologies. Making
> the clipboard work in an xterm/Terminal.app could probably done with
> the "normal" mac vim version without too much effort.

Nico is almost right.  When I started working on MacVim my intentions
were only to improve the GUI for Mac OS X.  The reason I did not
consider the non-gui version was because I thought it already worked
as it should (I do not use it myself).  Now that I am beginning to see
the shortcomings of the terminal version (clipboard support &
+clientserver springs to mind), I realize that my work on MacVim could
benefit the terminal version as well.  However, due to lack of time on
my part, MacVim will continue to focus on the GUI side of things.

Still, this does present an opportunity for those of you who use
terminal Vim on Mac OS to take the code that I have written for MacVim
and adapt it to the non-GUI version (e.g. +clientserver, let me know
if you are interested).

As for clipboard support...I tried defining FEAT_CLIPBOARD and that
made pasting work ("*p), but copying ("*yy) still did not.  It seems
clip_mch_request_selection() and clip_mch_set_selection() still never
gets called in terminal but they do from the GUI (why?).  Maybe
somebody on this list knows more about FEAT_CLIPBOARD and why it
enables pasting but not copying?

/Björn