Suresh Govindachar wrote:
>   Here's what MicroSoft is up to for console/terminal:
>
>      http://www.powershell.com/plus/
>
>   Weird that that thing seems to still have only 16 colors!
>
>   It is possible to try out PowerShell (a shell, not a
>   console/terminal) today.  Commands in PowerShell do not
>   move text data via pipes;  rather they move entire objects.
>
>   Question:  Any plans for vim and gvim to interact with
>   this shell and console?
>
>   --Suresh

I think this shell doesn't change the position of cmd much. PowerShell
serves system administrators, while cmd serves everyone. In Linux,
things are quite different. Bash serves everyone, and ash serves in low
memory or low disk space conditions. Even a single command invocation on
PowerShell takes about 0.3 second to run, and cmd is perceptibly much
faster.

Another thing is that PowerShell supporting objects is powerful but
difficult to use... I am so dumb that I still don't know how to use its
table output formatting. :( But this shell isn't for everyone,
seriously. If we really need to deal with objects, we can write C#
programs...

p.s. If Microsoft is going to throw away cmd, then I think I would
either abandon Windows or write my own shell ;-)

--
                                                           Fan Decheng
                                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]