Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> > I don't know about this one:
> >
> >> gui_gtk_x11.c: In function 'gui_mch_init':
> >> gui_gtk_x11.c:3418: warning: not enough variable arguments to fit a
> >> sentinel
>
> at the line just before "# else" in
>
> #ifdef FEAT_GUI_GNOME
>      /* Initialize the GNOME libraries.
> gnome_program_init()/gnome_init()
>       * exits on failure, but that's a non-issue because we already called
>       * gtk_init_check() in gui_mch_init_check(). */
>      if (using_gnome)
> # ifdef HAVE_GTK2
>       gnome_program_init(VIMPACKAGE, VIM_VERSION_SHORT,
>                          LIBGNOMEUI_MODULE, gui_argc, gui_argv, NULL);
> # else
>       gnome_init(VIMPACKAGE, VIM_VERSION_SHORT, gui_argc, gui_argv);
> # endif
> #endif
>      vim_free(gui_argv);
>      gui_argv = NULL;
>

> > That must be gnome_program_init().  What is a sentinel?  Perhaps you can
> > check your header files.
>
> I don't know what the word "sentinel" means in this context. I'm not sure
> which header files to look into, or where. Here are the last two lines of
> ":version":

This doesn't say which version of Gnome you are using.

The function definition that is in gnome-program.h looks like this:

GnomeProgram *
gnome_program_init (const char *app_id, const char *app_version,
                    const GnomeModuleInfo *module_info,
                    int argc, char **argv,
                    const char *first_property_name, ...);

Which would fit our use just fine.  Don't know what the warning is for.

--
I am always surprised in the Linux world how quickly solutions can be
obtained.  (Imagine sending an email to Bill Gates, asking why Windows