On Nov 12, 2007 9:56 AM, Vladimir Marek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Personally I would like to see something like glob_internal() which
> would do globbing entirely in c without accessing your shell. But I'm
> not going to write the patch, so I just silently hope :) Or having
> readdir to be able to get contents of a directory without glob.

Might be a fun thing to try tackling if I get bored some day...  though I'd wait
to see if Bram has anything to weigh in on why glob should or should not work
the way it does.  :)

> On the other hand, I have to admit that glob will fail only under corner
> cases (weird characters), and the workaround is to install t?csh.

csh is a terrible shell, and you really must stop proselytizing.  :-p

And, as I pointed out, you can't quote the comma with t?csh, either...
The easiest I could find was sending the octal sequence for a comma.

~Matt