gour wrote:

>I hit the problem in vim yesterday when I wanted to run fish shell
>(http://fishshell.org) within vim and soon got informed that the
>problem is

Exactly what is the problem?  Are you trying to use system(), or filters
(:!), or what?  Please give an example of something you're trying to do
that the choice of shell impacts.  Vim has a number of options that are
shell related, perhaps you need to find the right set for fish:

"  set shell : name of shell to use for ! and :! commands
"  set shq   : shellquote   -- how to quote characters about the cmd
passed to shell
"  set sxq   : shellxquote  -- includes redirection (shellquote excludes
that)
"  set ssl   : shellslash   -- when set, forward slash used to expand
file names
"  set shcf  : shellcmdflag -- flag passed to shell to execute ! and :!
commands
"  set sp    : shellpipe    -- string used to put output of :make into
errorfile
"  set srr   : shellredir   -- string used to put output of filter cmd
into temporary file

As an example of a shell that's certainly not Posix compliant -- note
that vim works under VMS.  Its paths aren't '/' separated (ex.
[abc.def.ghi]file.c )

Regards,
Chip Campbell