[Sending to vim_dev which is where this really belongs, I think.]

Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
> Hi vimers!
>
> Maybe the segfault happens more generally but I can only reproduce it
> with tilde-style home directory file completion (on linux).
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> vim
> :e ~xxx<TAB><TAB><Enter>
> :e ~xxx<TAB><TAB><TAB>
>
> If you do the above a couple of times vim will segfault, at least on
> my machine it is completely reproducable:

I get what is probably a related problem; Mac OS X 10.4.9.

vim -u NONE -N
:e ~xxx<Tab><Tab>

On the second Tab I get messages

vim(24115) malloc: *** error for object 0x410930: double free
vim(24115) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug

Of course, there is no user xxx on my system. :-)

Ben.