Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Ben Schmidt wrote:
>>> once logged into
>>> Sourceforge, it says that this is for filing bugs against the vimonline
>>> website...  not for filing bugs against Vim itself
>>>
>> I think that is correct. The procedure for reporting Vim bugs is documented
>> in
>> Vim's help at, funnily enough
>>
>> :help bugs
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ben.
>>
> Equally funny is that once I have it built and running enough to be able
> to do that, I'll probably have fixed the bug myself and it will be a
> non-issue at that point.

O dear, what a shame! I presumed by 'bug' you meant something wrong with a
running
Vim, not a problem building Vim.

Bugs and build problems are frequently discussed on this list, which is
mentioned
briefly at :help bugs, too, so post away and we'll see if someone can help. For
interest/information, I've pasted the section of the help below.

Smiles,

Ben.

Bug reports:                            *bugs* *bug-reports* *bugreport.vim*

Send bug reports to: Vim bugs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
This is not a maillist but the message is redirected to the Vim maintainer.
Please be brief; all the time that is spent on answering mail is subtracted
from the time that is spent on improving Vim!  Always give a reproducible
example and try to find out which settings or other things influence the
appearance of the bug.  Try different machines, if possible.  Send me patches
if you can!

It will help to include information about the version of Vim you are using and
your setup.  You can get the information with this command: >
    :so $VIMRUNTIME/bugreport.vim
This will create a file "bugreport.txt" in the current directory, with a lot
of information of your environment.  Before sending this out, check if it
doesn't contain any confidential information!

If Vim crashes, please try to find out where.  You can find help on this here:
|debug.txt|.

In case of doubt or when you wonder if the problem has already been fixed but
you can't find a fix for it, become a member of the vim-dev maillist and ask
your question there. |maillist|