Hi,

I recently had trouble compiling Vim on Mac OS X 10.4.9 with GTK2 GUI. As is
mentioned in the Vim source, the X headers and Mac headers clash horribly. This
means stuff has to be separated carefully into files that have X headers
available
and those that have Mac headers available, and they weren't quite sorted out
right. The attached patch fixes it by moving code around:

- Moved from os_mac_conv.c to mac_gui.c and made static to that file:

   - mac_utf16_to_enc
   - mac_enc_to_utf16
   - mac_enc_to_cfstring
   - mac_utf16_to_utf8
   - mac_utf8_to_utf16

- A chunk of code from option.c has also been moved to os_mac_conv.c
   as 'mac_lang_init()'.

- And a preprocessor conditional in globals.h was changed so X headers
   aren't expected when they aren't available.

I thought it was the best of a bad bunch of options for fixing the issues.

It now compiles for me, configured with

./configure --with-features=huge --enable-pythoninterp --enable-perlinterp
--enable-rubyinterp --enable-tclinterp --enable-cscope --enable-gui=gtk2

It would be good to have this or a similar fix in the official distribution.

Might this have an effect on MacVim, Bjorn, or vim-coco, Jiang (sorry if names
wrong...memory is hazy)? If so, perhaps you could suggest a better solution?

Cheers,

Ben.