On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 02:20:05AM +1100, Ben Schmidt wrote:

> > to reproduce:
> >
> > vim -u NONE -U NONE
> > :set syntax
>
> Presuming you mean :syntax enable.
>
> > :set ft=mail
> > i   " this newline is for readability
> > http://vim.org/(test)
> >
> > The closing bracket will not be highlighted.
>
> I suspect it is deliberate. URLs rarely contain parentheses, but are
> often written inside them in sentences, e.g.
>
> There is interesting information on the web (for example, at
> http://vim.org/).

Yes, it is deliberate (I wrote it a long time ago, for exactly the
purpose you point out above). If you notice, even a period at the end of
a URL will not be highlighted as in www.vim.org.

If you like you can modify the current URL regexp so that it that
matches URLs which includes the ")" at the end provided the URL contains
a "(". Send it to me, and I'll include it :).

GI

--
'Code Orange' -- Eat dessert first.