On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 08:51:56PM -0500, James Vega wrote:

> > The following caused Vim to hang:
> >
> >     1. Create /tmp/vimrc with the following lines:
> >
> >         set nocp
> >         set mouse=a
> >
> >     2. Run screen, and then do
> >
> >         $ vim -u /tmp/vimrc
> >
> > Vim hangs before starting up.
>
> But it does finish starting?

Nope! Just hangs for ever. However when I kill it (using "kill" --
Ctrl-C is ignored), it leaves the intro message drawn on the screen.

> Sounds like you have a $DISPLAY environment variable which is
> incorrect and Vim is (unsuccessfully) attempting to connect to the X
> server.

Well, the same problem is caused when I do "vim -X". Also, "env
TERM=rxvt vim" connects to the X server just fine (in fact, even gvim
runs).

Can anyone else reproduce this?

GI

PS: The target host system is Scientific Linux, and I'm running Vim-7.1
    with patches 1--215.

--
The Geek shall inherit the earth. - Linus 5:5