On Jan 26, 2008 12:21 AM, Ben Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I've noticed that pressing <CTRL-G> while in visual mode,
> > causes vim to take 100% of the CPU.
> >
> > I can interrupt it with <CTRL-C>.
> >
> > Anybody else observing that?
>
> Not me. 7.1.203
>
> Ben.

Ah, sorry, false alert. Investigating further, I found the root cause,
I had a silly recursive mapping in my ~/.vimrc:

   map <c-g> 2<c-g>

I can't remember why I had such a senseless mapping.  I suspect
it was meant to be:

  map <c-g> g<c-g>

I never use <ctrl-g> and did not notice the problem until today.

I've removed the offending mapping from my ~/.vimrc and everything
is now OK.

Creating such a recursive mapping should perhaps give an error,
rather than causing infinite loops when triggering the mapping.

-- Dominique