Alexei Alexandrov schrieb:
> Alex wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I understand that these bugs and feature requests are "nice to have",
>> but anyway...
>>
>> VIM is not working very well with NTFS streams. When you edit file,
>> say, "test.txt:aaa",
>> it complains about backup during save (E510). If you edit file
>> "test.txt:my.txt", VIM opens
>> and edits file test_txt (but with correct stream ).

Just fooled around with this (I don't know much about NTFS streams ...).
Things to try out when writing the stream:

(1) simply add a bang:
    :w!

(2) unset 'writebackup'
    :h 'wb
    :set nowb
    :w

(3) set 'backupcopy' to "yes" (default is "auto")
    :h 'bkc
    :set wb bkc=yes
    :w

To me, (3) looks ok, (2) and (1) less ok ...
I'd set these options only temporarily, when needed.

There must be some explicit support for streams, e.g. the swap file
is created as another stream.

--
Andy