Nico Weber wrote:
>> I have never invoke functions in the ``<esc>:s/'' before.
>
> If I understand you correctly, \zs might be even easier in this context:
>
>      :%s/d\.%\zs/0/g
>
> See `:h \zs`.

You seem to have muddled that a bit...you have 'd' where you surely want '\d'
and
I'm not sure what the % is doing in the middle, either. But an approach that
tries
to replace only a single occurrence at a time and catch the rest with /g won't
work for this problem, because it can't find all the occurrences at the outset.

So maybe there aren't that many ways after all.

Smiles,

Ben.