I've noticed most recently the need for a vi(m) environment is several gui's
as sort of an embedded editor. this is really a several year old problem.

what I'm wondering is... is there anything vim could do to facillitate/ease
the implementation of such gui's.  I hear rumors of a netbeans protocol (was
that for the netbeans ide? 'cause that don't work no more) but I'm not sure
that is what's needed for all the problems. not being a programmer...

would it be possible in future version (maybe 8.0) for vim to implement an
api? or perhaps there is another way to get functionality easily embedded
into just about any editor enviroment needed.
--
Caleb Cushing

Blog http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com