On 12/04/08 16:58, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Here is an update for the floating point patch.  The 'g' argument for
> printf() was implemented and a few bug fixes.
>
> This is to be applied to the original source code, without the older
> floating point patch.
>
> I would still like feedback on the format of floating point numbers:
>
>       &123.456
>       &1.23e-3

I'm going to compile this after I send this mail.

The format of floating point numbers takes a little getting used to, but
IMO not as much as the hjkl cursor-movement keys. ;-) I'll have to read
attentively what has changed in the helpfiles: it may be more
advantageous to use ":echo printf('%g', float_var)" rather than just
":echo float_var" though it may depend on the defaults.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Deliberation, n.:
        The act of examining one's bread to determine which side it is