Matt Tolton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some work on MacVim and I've written a function (see below)
> to programmatically evaluate an expression in vim and convert the
> result to cocoa values.  I'd like to be able to return information
> about why the evaluation failed if it does.  Can anyone give me tips
> on how to get an error string or something?

I suppose that when eval_expr returns NULL, you should look up the most
recent message that :messages would return. So, check out the function
ex_messages().

I guess you'll also want to make sure that emsg_not_now() is false, so
that the messages are actually recorded, but that emsg_silent is true so
that it's not displayed. Check out the emsg() function.

Hope this helps,

Ben.