John Beckett wrote:
> Peter Prohaska wrote:
>> :help right-justify
>> """There is no command in Vim to right justify text. [...]"""
>
> "Justify" means to insert variable-width spacing throught the entire
> line so the left and right margins are aligned. That's how most books
> and newspaper articles appear.

And 'right justify' sometimes means this too, as it seems it does in the
Vim docs, even though it doesn't really make sense (unless it's perhaps
the opposite of 'wrong justify' which is a nice oxymoron even though
grammatically flawed). (Actually, I think there some left-alignment
assumption made in this case.)

In other cases, 'right justify' is used to mean 'right align,' similarly
'left justify' to mean 'left align.' With this usage 'justify' simply
means to 'make correct/straight' which is its earlier/more original
meaning.

Ben.