Hi, Chip and other script developers,

I have an old Vim 6 lying around I use in 'emergencies' and discovered that it
chokes on the hilinks plugin and others. The problem seems to be the :for
command.
Vim 6, it seems, is unable to even skip over it when it's in an if version>=700
or
such conditional, but throws up errors such as 'return not in function' or
'endif
without if'. Perhaps it sees the :endfor as ending some other block since it
doesn't know about :for. Why it would do this, I don't know, but it seems to do
something like that.

I don't know if there's a workaround, i.e. a way you can rewrite the plugin to
still work on Vim 6 minus a few features. It would be nice if there were. But
in
lieu of that, I think scripts that use :for will need to :finish prematurely
for
Vim < 7, as simply putting the :for in a conditional on the version doesn't
work.

Ben.