> Thanks for the advice. I attempted this already. It was suggested by a
> person on the vim_use mailing list.
> I had problems setting up my mappings though:
>
>   map <silent> <f2>  :silent! !chmod u+w `cygpath "%"`<CR>

map <F2> :call system('chmod u+w `cygpath "'.expand('%').'"`')<CR>

should be close. It probably should use fnameescape or something, but
hey, your original map doesn't either. :-p

> The reason I didn't progress down this path too much, is that I also
> found using simple tag jumping
> caused the mouse to jump [Perhaps this was part of 'ctags.vim', but
> whatever the case, I'd have to
> hunt down the root cause of that].

Hmm. Yeah. Hopefully it is ctags.vim doing that. Though I can't really
think why anything should cause it when just doing tag jumps. But then I
don't really know what ctags.vim does.

Smiles,

Ben.