Matt Wozniski wrote:
> For the life of me, I can't seem to get vim to recognize,
> eg, <xHome> and <Home> as separate keycodes.

Perhaps the following is an explanation:
  :help version7
  /xHome

"Previously <Home> and <xHome> could be mapped separately.
This had the disadvantage that all mappings (with modifiers) had to
be duplicated, since you can't be sure what the keyboard generates.
Now all <xHome> are internally translated to <Home>, both for the
keys and for mappings. Also for <xEnd>, <xF1>, etc."

John