* Charles Campbell [090109 11:48]:

> Charles Campbell wrote:
> > krudo...@mi.fu-berlin.de wrote:
> >> I have `set spell` in my `.vimrc`. This unfortunately clashes with
> >> highlighting for `netrw-browse`. Therefore, I'd like to deactivate the
> >> setting locally for that file type (`netrw`).
>
> Please try netrw v135p, available from my website:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW.
> Caveat: you'll need to upgrade to vim 7.2 .  You can try
>
> au FileType netrw  setlocal nospell
>
> Regards,
> Chip Campbell

Sorry to jump in so late, and after you have a solution, but wouldn't
putting @NoSpell in the proper places in syntax/netrw.vim be a better
solution?  How often do you really want spell checking on a directory
listing?  We're talking about existing files; if you want spell checking
on a file name, you want it when you are typing :w filename, not when
you are browsing to open a file.

Oh, well.

...Marvin