Valery Kondakoff wrote:

> If there is a 'set encoding=utf-8' line in my _vimrc gVim 7.2 hangs when
> issuing ':h shortmess' command consuming ~50% of CPU usage.
> Can anyone confirm this?
> The ':h shortmess' command works as expected when I'm commenting the
> 'set encoding=utf-8' line out and restarting gVim. On the other hand
> gVim hangs on ':h shortmess' when 'set encoding=utf-8' is the only one
> line in _vimrc.
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing smth wrong?
>
> I'm using gVim 7.2 in Win Vista HP SP1.

I don't see this problem (although I don't have Vista).

Does this problem happen for any help tag in options.txt?  Or is it just
this specific command?

You might want to check conversion libraries, iconv.dll or libiconv.dll.
If you have them, temporarily rename them to see what happens

--
If someone questions your market projections, simply point out that your
target market is "People who are nuts" and "People who will buy any damn