On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:51 AM, fREW Schmidt wrote:
>> It looks kosher, leading me to believe it may be some funky
>> mapping/abbrv you have in place.  Do you experience the same
>> problem when you start with
>>
>>   vim -u NONE
>>
>> If it does, then you'd have to track down which mapping is
>> impeding your success.  If it doesn't work when started with a
>> blank config file, it might help to have the output of
>
> Ok, I figured out what the problem is, but it's a drag because I like the
> setting to much to not use it:
> " Swap ; and :  Convenient.
> nnoremap ; :
> nnoremap : ;
> vnoremap ; :
> vnoremap : ;
> So I can't do @: because it tries to do @; but if I do @; nothing happens at
> all...

Vim sees "@:" properly, but puts a remappable ":" into the typeahead,
which is remapped to ; and causes the rest of the command line to be
interpreted as a normal-mode command...  looking at the code, this is
because nv_at() calls do_execreg(), which calls put_in_typebuf(),
which sticks a bunch of remappable things into the typeahead.  It
seems to me that the automatically inserted : and "\n" shouldn't be
remappable...  Bram?

~Matt