On 10/04/09 01:41, Mun Johl wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> Please see my comments below.
>
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 09:19 PM PDT, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
[...]
> TM>  http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Setting_the_font_in_the_GUI
>
> Great write-up, thanks!  It answered my main point of confusion which
> was why on my Solaris box using GTK I can specify the fonts with
> X-server names (e.g. 9x15) but on my Linux box using GTK2 I can't.  If I
> read your tip correctly, you imply that GTK2 font specification differs
> from GTK, and I assume GTK uses the older X-server fonts.

Yes, GTK1 uses what I called "other-X11" 'guifont' (also known as XLFD),
which is incompatible with the GTK2 'guifont'.

> It's kind of unfortunate GTK2 doesn't support both styles, but such is
> life I suppose.

The change happened before I came to Vim (and I was still mostly on
Windows at first), so yes, I suppose in this case we should roll with
the ball.

> Thanks very much for all the help, Tony.

My pleasure.

> Best regards,

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Every four seconds a woman has a baby.  Our problem is to find this
woman and stop her.