Dominique Pellé wrote:
> Cesar Romani wrote:
>> Dominique Pellé wrote:
>>
>>> I suspect that on your system (mingw), it's using 1024 instead
>>> of 2048. If so, the attached patch might fix it.  It adds
>>> "defined(__MINGW32__)"  (__MINGW32__ is already used
>>> in several places in Vim's code):
>>>
>>> 1348 #if defined(AMIGA) || defined(__linux__) || defined(__QNX__) ||
>>> defined(_AIX) \
>>> 1349   || defined(__CYGWIN32__) || defined(__MINGW32__)
>>> 1350 # define TBUFSZ 2048            /* buffer size for termcap entry
>>> */
>>> 1351 #else
>>> 1352 # define TBUFSZ 1024            /* buffer size for termcap entry */
>>> 1353 #endif
>> Your patch works only if I change __MINGW32__ by __MSYS__ or if I add
>>
>> There is one problem: The backspace key doesn't delete the precedent
>> character. That was also the case on the console before applying the
>> patch.
>> On the old vim version installed on the system the backspace key works
>> fine.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cesar
>

> Good to hear that patch works (with __MSYS__).  I see that the source
> code of Vim never uses __MSYS__ yet.  I've never tried msys myself.
>
> Regarding the delete key not working, can you delete with CTRL-h?
> Did you also read ":help fixdel"?  It contains useful tips when delete
> key does not work.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Actually when I press backspace, it behaves like the cursor left and
when I press escape the characters left behind are deleted.
CTRL-h cannot delete either, neither :fixdel can fix the backspace.
But When I create a .vimrc file with null content in my home directory,
the backspace works, strange!

Best regards,
Cesar