Hi,

[quoting re-ordered, please bottom-post

mobi phil wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Antony Scriven <adscri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 14 March 2010 13:53, mobi phil <m...@mobiphil.com> wrote:
>>
>>  > I think it would make enough sense to extend the
>>  > "textobjects" with "af" that would select a function,
>>  > [...]
>>
>> Define 'a function'. --Antony
>
> Thank you Antony, however I forgot to say, "... no need to answer
> write a function etc..., as I know about that " :)

I think what Antony wanted to say is: What do you understand by 'a
function'? How can it be identified in text?

IMHO a function is such a highly language-dependent construct that a
definition for a corresponding text object can not be easily described
by a single flag or even some parameters and that it is best put inside
a filetype plugin where you can make use of Vim's scripting language,
e.g., by defining expressions for start and end of a function or for the
whole body.

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)