On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Maxim Kim wrote:

On 21 июл, 09:58, James Vega <james...@jamessan.com> wrote:

See ":help new-conceal" for more information.

But as I pointed in PS block there is no 'shrink and widen' behaviour if I run vim with -u NORC. And I do not move cursor out of that line -- I do move it left and right.

Because you don't have syntax highlight enabled in your example, which turns off the conceal feature as well, since it uses the highlighting engine.

Moving the cursor back and forth over the concealed text to cause it to appear is the original behavior of the conceal feature in the development branch of Vim, but it has been changed to having the cursor anywhere within the line causes all concealed text to be shown within that line. This was to solve a problem with another new feature.

In other words, to answer your question: It's not a bug, it's intentional and a feature.

- Christian

--
Christian J. Robinson <hept...@gmail.com> -- http://christianrobinson.name/