On 21/07/10 22:08, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

James Vega wrote:

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Bram Moolenaar<b...@moolenaar.net>  wrote:
If you can make this work with a configure argument, it's fine to
include these changes and leave them disabled by default.  For your
distribution, with a known environment, you could enable them.

Attached patch enables dynamic loading for Perl if
--enable-perlinterp=dynamic is used.  I also moved the use of
PERL_CFLAGS in src/Makefile so they're only used when compiling
if_perl.c and if_perlsfio.c.

Looks good.  I tried it and it works fine for me.  I had to move some
unused variables inside an #ifdef.

I suppose it will now be easy to support --enable-pythoninterp=dynamic
and --enable-python3interp=dynamic

We could wait for people to test this, but on the other hand if we want
to do the same for ruby/tcl/mzscheme we need to do it now, next week I
won't include patches like this.

Hm, just for my edification, what will happen if an "older" version of configure encounters --enable-pythoninterp=dynamic ?

        treat as =yes (or empty)
        treat as =no (or --disable-pythoninterp)
throw an error and stop the make at that point (or if not run by make, exit with nonzero exitcode)

?

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars."
                -- J. Paul Getty