I just noticed that my 'foldmethod' is getting set to "syntax" when editing Vim script files, but the syntax/vim.vim file doesn't set that option even if you've enabled syntax folding for Vim code.

Since I have "let perl_fold=1" in my vimrc, I get this when I do ":verbose set fdm?" while in a Vim script buffer:
  foldmethod=syntax
          Last set from [...]/vim/vim73b/syntax/perl.vim

It's not really a problem for me, considering it has taken what has probably been years to notice I hadn't set this in my ~/.vim/ftplugin/vim.vim file. I probably would have done so if it hadn't been done for me, but I'd definitely call this an unintended consequence of having the vim.vim syntax file include the perl.vim syntax file.

- Christian

--
Christian J. Robinson <hept...@gmail.com> -- http://christianrobinson.name/