Hi list,

I use a ~/bin/gvim script to turn graphical Vim into a single instance program using the --remote-tab-silent command line option. This works great except that I have set the 'autochdir' option in my ~/.vimrc and have come to rely on it but it doesn't work with --remote-tab-silent.

The problem is that :drop doesn't seem to honor the 'autochdir' option because when I use my ~/bin/gvim script to edit a file in an existing Vim instance I find that :pwd prints the working directory from before :drop was executed. I always forget about this and consequently execute shell commands using :! in the wrong working directory...)

Is :drop supposed to ignore the 'autochdir' option or should it be fixed? I tested with the latest Vim 7.3 and the command line gvim -u NONE -U NONE --noplugin -N --cmd 'set acd'.

 - Peter Odding