On 22/07/10 23:34, Anatoli Sakhnik wrote:
There appeared one annoying thing in vim-7.3 (starting even from
alpha). Every time I quit the editor, it beeps.

1) 'visualbell' is set.
2) 't_vb' is reset. In fact, when I set it to A, I see that character
is printed on excessive<esc>, but Vim still beeps on exit.
3) I'm sure this isn't about plugins and configuration, because
vim-7.2 didn't beep, and I tried to remove .vim and .vimrc

The system is Fedora 13. How can I debug the problem? What other piece
of code can print BELL?

Well, :echo "\x07" (with the double quotes) will issue a beep on most terminals; but I wouldn't say that it's a commonplace thing to do.

When you do
        :verbose au VimLeave
does it mention anything? Those autocommands would be run as the last thing before exiting Vim.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
The only really good place to buy lumber is at a store where the lumber
has already been cut and attached together in the form of furniture,