* Hari G <harig...@gmail.com> [100730 12:27]:
> Hi,
>
> Gvim opens a new tab just next to the current tab by default. Is it
> acceptable to open the new tab at the end of the tabline by default?
> Recently somebody was asking for this in the vim_use group. A patch to
> get this behaviour follows:

I think this is just a bug in the documentation at :help tabe.  When
tabs were first implemented, I wondered why :[count]tab was allowed, but
[count] was not documented as working for :tabe.  In fact, :[count]tabe
does work.  I think if this had been documented, the OP might have
pieced together how to get what he wanted from the help.

...Marvin