For example, I work with Windows Xp Simplified Chinese Edition. There's a
character 'CIRCLED NUMBER TWENTY' - U+2473, beyond the character set of ACP
(system active codepage) CP936. While it can be copyed and pasted into the
textbox of Find and Replace dialog, but it can't be inputed directly from
windows IME (the inputed character will be the question mark '?').

It puzzled me for a long time. I finally found the reason that ANSI Version
functions such as DispatchMessageA and IsDialogMessageA will Ignore the
WM_WCHAR message.

The attachment 2274_uime.patch.gz is the patch for vim 7.2.446,
2477_uime.patch.gz is for 7.3d revision 2...@mercurial.

Best regards,
Yanwei.