Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 11 by lovet...@21cn.com: VIM shell extension added LANG environment variable to explorer.exe

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. reboot
2. right click any file
3. after menu popup, LANG environment variable (with value zh_CN) is injected to explorer.exe (which will affect any new child process of it)

-

vim73_46 on Windows XP Professional (Simplified Chinese).

I'm not sure why VIM need a LANG environment variable to be put to explorer.exe, because even without LANG environment, vim display the correct GUI language (for me, it's simplified chinese).

Add a LANG environment variable to explorer.exe will affect all new child process, I often use Cygwin 1.7, LANG will affect Cygwin to display Chinese/multibytes characters.

If LANG environment is needed by vim.exe/gvim.exe, why not putenv to vim.exe/gvim.exe itself instead of explorer.exe?

related code may be here:
http://code.google.com/p/vim/source/browse/src/GvimExt/gvimext.cpp#286