On 9/15/2011 10:05 AM, Kerneels Roos wrote:

On 9/11/2011 12:44 PM, Nazri Ramliy wrote:
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Kerneels Roos<kerne...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to know if there is a faster, more direct way to communicate
with java code from inside a vim script.
I don't know if it's faster or even works with plain java project, but a
while ago I tried ensime[1] when editing scala project that depends on
plain java jar library and it seemed fast enough for my use cases.

The fact that it worked with plain java jar library (in addition to scala's) prompted me to mention it here so you might want to see if you can get it to work, if you've got the time, with plain java project and compare if it is
faster for your use case.
Thanks Nazri, will check out ensime for this purpose.
I see ensime is actually for emacs, the enemy! Ha ha. Did you get it working on vim then?

nazri

[1] https://github.com/MarcWeber/ensime

--
Kerneels Roos