Taylor Hedberg wrote the following on 25.12.2011 05:20

Hello Charles,

> Charles E Campbell Jr, Sat 2011-12-24 @ 22:11:31-0500:
>> If I may repeat myself, what advantage does
>>   set cpo-=a cpo-=A
>> have over
>>   set cpo-=aA
>> ???
>
> From `:help :set-=`:
>
>                       When the option is a list of flags, {value} must be
>                       exactly as they appear in the option.  Remove flags
>                       one by one to avoid problems.
>
> Removing the flags individually is guaranteed to work regardless of the
> order and position in which the flags appear in the option string. This
> is not true if you remove them in combination.

Thank you Taylor that i exactly what i thought of.

Charles here is a example:
:set cpo?
        cpoptions=aABceFs
:set cpo-=aA
        cpoptions=BceFs

so far so good. Now lets have a crazy user shuffling things around:
:set cpo?
        cpoptions=ABFaces       " pretty much default, just different order
:set cpo-=aA
:set cpo?
        cpoptions=ABFaces
:set cpo-=a
:set cpo-=A
:set cpo?
        cpoptions=BFces

HTH
--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F