> > Hi all,

> > I think the following might (I am testing with Vim 7.3.409) be a bug:
> >
> > command vim -nNX -u NONE
> > then insert: bla:///path/to/file
> > then, with cursor being on p, use gf
> > It tries to open bla:///path/to/file although : is not in 'isf and bla:/// =
> > isn't a protocol
>
> I haven't checked the sources but I think this is hard coded.
> It's intentional that this does not depend in 'isfname', so that things
> like http:// work with the default 'isfname' value.
>
> Is this really a problem?

It's an issue with puppet code which uses paths like:
puppet:///modules/module_name/my_file that maps to real paths like
$base_path/modules/module_name/files/my_file
I wanted to be able to use gf with 'inex in order to be able to open 'my_file'
this is the 'inex I was trying to use: set
includeexpr=substitute(v:fname,'modules/.\\{-1,}/\zs','files/','')

If puppet is the only language using this kind of paths, no, this is not a real
issue

208. Your goals for the future are obtaining an T1 connection and
     a 130 gig hard drive.

/// Bram Moolenaar -- b...@moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///