Andy Wokula wrote:

> Am 04.08.2013 05:29, schrieb Ron Aaron:
> > On Saturday, August 3, 2013 10:57:29 PM UTC+3, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> >
> >> It appears you expect lmap's to be remappable.  If you look at the output
> >> of
> >> ":lmap" you can see they are listed with a star, which means they are not
> >> remappable.
> >
> > No, I expect that if I map "'" to something, then that mapping will be
> > in effect even if I change the keymap.
> >
> > I expect that an insert-mode mapping operates on the inserted
> > character, in this case "'".  It does not (or rather it does but not
> > when an lmap is active), which is counter-intuitive.  I think I am not
> > alone in being surprised by this (and I've been using vim for a
> > really, really long time... I just rarely use "imap")
> >
> > At the least, it seems to me that there needs to be a way to have
> > "imap" work as expected when there is an active "lmap".
>
> Yes.  Old discussion comes up again.
> Try attached patch.
> (note ff=dos)
> (not sure if it can be applied to current sources, but it's very short).
>
> It makes :loadkeymap use :lmap instead of :lnoremap.  For over a year I
> didn't get an endless loop with it.  And I don't expect endless loops,
> because lmaps are remapped to imaps (rather than lmaps).

Yeah, that's what I meant, that loadkeymap doesn't allow remapping.
And ":lamp" shows the start to indicate that's what happens.

It has always been that way.  When changing this the users who want
remapping to work (the ones involved in this discussion) will be happy,
and another set of users (who are not yeet involved, since they are
currently happy) will have a problem, since the meaning of their
mappings change.  That is, they only want them to apply for the actually
typed key, not what a keymap results in.

I don't know how many users are in one group or the other, but I
definitely don't want to make an incompatible change so short before a
release.

How about this: If you want the langmaps to be remappable, then after
setting the keymap option, you manually use an :lmap for those
characters you want to be remappable.  Can't be that many.

What I previously said abuot a recursive mapping was wrong, lmap's only
appy to typed characters, thus that can't happen within lmap's
themselves.

42. Your virtual girlfriend finds a new net sweetheart with a larger bandwidth.