Hi,

Ben Fritz wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:14:20 PM UTC-6, Daniel "paradigm" Thau
> wrote:
>> Attached is a patch to add an 'autotextobject' setting which will treat
>> undefined text-objects like quote text objects, using the provided
>> character as bounds.  For example, with this setting if a user enters
>>
>> "di," with the cursor between two commas, the text between the commas
>> will be removed.  This is very useful for editing lists.  Similarly, if
>> one is composing TeX being able to quickly operate on the area between
>>
>> dollar signs is useful.  If one is editing snake_case_variables, being
>> able to do a quick "ci_" is also nice.  The key here is that it happens
>> on-the-fly with all as-of-yet-undefined objects without requiring the
>>
>> user consider every possible character he/she would be interested in
>> ahead of time.
>>
>> Outside of documentation and adding the setting itself, the it is only a
>> few additional lines of code.
>>
>> I've wanted this feature for a while; if there is anything else I should
>>
>> do to help get it upstreamed do let me know and I'll see what I can do.
>>
>> - Daniel Thau
>
> I cannot get this patch to apply using either whatever "patch" utility
> is installed on Solaris or GNU patch on Windows. Can you please post
> in a different patch format? No matter how I tweak the patch file, and
> no matter what I put for the -p value, I cannot get it to apply. The
> best it does is tell me the patch looks like a unified context diff
> and then ask me for a file to patch.

the @@ lines look suspicious to me. I thought they should start with @@,
contain the old and new range of the hunk and end with @@. But in this
patch @@ does not end the line; the line still contains some text that
might be the line from before the hunk.

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)