Hi

Enno schrieb am 02.12.2014 um 11:39:
> Le mardi 2 décembre 2014 11:38:10 UTC+1, Enno a écrit :
>> Le mardi 2 décembre 2014 10:44:13 UTC+1, jott...@googlemail.com a écrit :
>>> Hi,

>>> independent of the corrections you sent later this will not work. When
>>> you take a look at
>>>
>>>   :help --remote-send
>>>
>>> you will see that --remote-send is used to send keystrokes to a running
>>> instance of Vim. The following parameter is interpreted as if you typed
>>> the respective keys in Vim by yourself.
>>>
>>> In your example one correct command line would be
>>>
>>>   gvim --servername GVIM2 --remote-send ":1<cr> file.txt
>>>
>>> if you want to use an ex-command.
>>>
>>> A different way would be
>>>
>>>   gvim --servername GVIM2 --remote-send 1gg file.txt
>>>
>>> which uses a normal mode command.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Jürgen
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
>>> in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)
>>
>> Ok. Thank you for the clarification. It turns out that the harmless looking
>> map
>>
>> cnoremap <expr> / getcmdtype() == '/' ? '\/' : '/'
>>
>> to escape / in command line searches was the culprit and turned exe into
>> normal commands. That is:
>>
>> Create an empty file ~/.gvimrc.light . and a file ~/.vimrc.light that reads
>>
>> --
>> set nocompatible
>> filetype plugin indent on
>> syntax enable
>>
>> cnoremap <expr> / getcmdtype() == '/' ? '\/' : '/'
>> --
>>
>> Then create a file ~/file.txt that reads
>>
>> --
>> --
>>
>> Then
>>
>> gvim --servername GVIM2 +5 file.txt
>> gvim --servername GVIM2 +1 file.txt
>>
>> Expected: Cursor is in line 1. Reality: Cursor is in line 5.
>
> CORRECTION: Replace
>
> gvim --servername GVIM2 +5 file.txt
> gvim --servername GVIM2 +1 file.txt
>
> by
>
> gvim -n -u ~\.vimrc.light -U ~\.gvimrc.light --servername GVIM2 +5 file.txt
> gvim -n -u ~\.vimrc.light -U ~\.gvimrc.light --servername GVIM2 +1 file.txt

that won't work either. Using --servername without any of the --remote
commands tries to start another instance of Vim as a server with the
given name. If the name is already taken by an instance started before,
"1", "2", "3", etc. is appended to the server name until an unused name
is found. So your second command line will start a new instance of GVim
and its server name will be "GVIM21" (given that no server "GVIM2" was
running before your two example commands).

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)