Hi.

Peter Mattern schrieb am 13.01.2015 um 19:57:

> If the following three lines
> AAABAAEAczVrNGVjAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADOJwAAAQAB
> AG92NTY1MF9tdjkzMzUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAzycAAAEAAQBzaXYx
> MjFkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANAnAAABAAEAY3NpX3VzZWQA
> (from a UUencoded binary file) are inserted into a vim document by
> dragging the mouse pointer over the source file and clicking middle
> mouse button in vim line 2 gets truncated to
> AG92NTY1MF9tdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAzycAAAEAAQBzaXYx
>
> If the undo key is hit after pasting, only the digits right of
> 'AG92NTY1MF9td' in line two and line three are deleted.
>
> Seen running 7.4.567 from mercurial on Arch Linux x86_64, i686 or ARM in
> QTerminal, XFCE terminal or on virtual console. Problem can't be seen
> with gvim, vi or nano.
>
> Doesn't this look like a bug?

do you have an insert mode mapping from jk to <Esc>? When you paste with
the middle mouse button in a terminal, Vim will see the pasted text as
if you typed it yourself and mappings are applied. If jk is mapped to
<Esc> insert mode is stopped after "...MF9td". The following zM would
close all folds, but you probably are not in the middle of one. The
following zU is not (a prefix of) a valid command, so it is aborted. The
first A starts insert mode again, and the rest of the text is inserted.

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)