On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 6:12:20 AM UTC-3, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
> On 20:41 Tue 07 Apr     , Pedro Ferrari wrote:
> > I use the following Vim 7.4.691 build on a Windows x64 machine:
> >
> >     https://tuxproject.de/projects/vim/
> >
> > I have Lua 5.3 correctly installed and added to my `%PATH%` env variable.
> > In fact when I run `:!where lua53.dll` I get `C:\Users\Pedro\lua\lua53.dll`.
> > However`:echo has('lua')` returns `0` and `:lua print('foo')` gives the
> > following error:
>
> It seems that your vim is not compiled with lua support.  You need to
> compile it your self or find a windows precompiled version with lua on
> the net.
>
> You can also check `:version` and I guess you will find `-lua` (while
> you'd like to have there `+lua`.
>
> Cheers,
> Marcin

Marcin,

I should've mentioned that the precompiled version of vim that I use is in fact
compiled with lua support. When I check `:version` I see `+lua/dyn`.
For the record the following steps reproduce my issue:

1. Download Vim 7.4.691 for Windows x64 from from
https://tuxproject.de/projects/vim/
2. Download lua binary from http://joedf.users.sourceforge.net/luabuilds/ and
either put the lua53.dll file in your vim directory or add the lua folder to
your env variables.
3. Start vim with -U NONE
4. Run `:echo has('lua')`

The last command will return `0` when I expect it to return `1` since when I
run `:version` I see the `+lua/dyn` flag.

I hope my problem is clear now.
Thanks in advance for the help.