Tumbler Terrall wrote:

> If the complete() function is used and the user backspaces, vim goes into
> "Whole line completion" mode. I'm curious if this is intended or if it is a
> bug.
>
> It kind of seems like a bug to me since if you press CTRL-e the whole line
> gets replaced by the current word in certain circumstances. (Full details
> here:
> http://vi.stackexchange.com/questions/9125/strange-behavior-from-the-complete-function)
>
> Can anyone here comment on this?

It mentions version 7.4.0, that's very old.  Many completion bugs have
already been fixed.

It would be nicer if you can copy the essential information here, so
that not everybody has to navigate to some website to see the contents.

1. You actually wore a blue ribbon to protest the Communications Decency Act.