I have built vim 8.0.003 on RHEL-7 with Gtk3
(gtk3-3.14.13-20.el7.x86_64) and everything works nice (thank
you!) except I get plenty of warnings on stderr:

(gvim:10610): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkNotebook 0x28001e0 is mapped
but visible child GtkEventBox 0x2802150 is not mapped

According to my colleagues more knowledgeable about Gtk
internals:

    Usually it means that something is manipulating the
    visibility of children manually, or it's blocking some
    signal emission.

Best,

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mc...@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

When you're happy that cut and paste actually works I think it's
a sign you've been using X-Windows for too long.
   -- from /. discussion on poor integration between KDE and
      GNOME