* skywind3000 <skywind3...@gmail.com> [160921 14:18]:
> <C-h> has been mapped to something in my vimrc, which works fine in
> win32-gvim/macvim and linux/mac terminal vim (with backspace set to
> 127/ctrl-? )
>
> but in windows console vim, mapping <C-h> will cause <bs> unable to
> work properly (it appears that backspace also get mapped),
>
> After reading a lot of docs, I still can't figure out how to fix it .
>
> Is that a bug ? or something misconfiguration ?
>
> Can console <bs> behave exactly in the same way like other platforms ?

<bs>, the ASCII character, is exactly Ctrl-h.  <bs>, the keyboard key,
in a terminal emulator (windows console, i.e. cmd.exe, is a terminal
emulator) sends to the program whatever the terminal emulator decides,
which is usually <bs>, but sometimes <del> (the ASCII character).

Many terminal emulators allow you to configure this to some degree.
Most terminal emulators use VT102 or VT220 key codes and escape
sequences by default.  If you can configure the terminal emulator to
send your own escape sequence, you can set the t_kb option to recognize
it.  I am pretty sure that Vim will treat this escape sequence
separately from Ctrl-h in mappings.

I don't know if you can get cmd.exe to send anything other than an ASCII
<bs> character.

...Marvin