On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 12:41:56AM -0700, skywind3000 wrote:
> Magnus Woldrich:
> > >Thanks, very disappointted with cmd.exe
> >
> > Here you go: https://msys2.github.io/
>
> After downloading msys2 and installing gcc, ncurses-devel ... with pacman,
> I started to build latest vim inside msys2, and found these:
>
> checking for tgetent in -ltinfo... (cached) no
> checking for tgetent in -lncurses... (cached) yes
> ncurses library is not usable

You need to figure out why that is (check config.log for clues).

Alternatively, install Git for Windows and you get a nice set of tools
that include bash, vim and a better console (mintty).

The vim might be a bit feature-limited, though, so I understand your
desire to build something newer.

Marius Gedminas
--
Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for.