Christian wrote:

> as requested in #1665 (distribute more colorschemes with Vim). Here is
> the seoul256 colorscheme. The author explicitly gives permission to
> distribute this file with Vim:
> https://github.com/junegunn/seoul256.vim/issues/46
> (license: MIT)
>
> This version has been cloned from the official seoul256 repository
> https://github.com/junegunn/seoul256.vim and is the latest version
> from May 1st 2017, Commit SHA: 2309b5c8724970c4ad16a751

There are two things we need to discuss first:

1. There must be hundreds of colorschemes out there.  I'm sure every
user has its own favorite.  But some are liked by more users than
others.  In the distribution, I would rather have a limited set, ones
we can recomment to users.  And a varied set, not two colorschemes that
are nearly the same.  So we should find a way to make a top-10 of
colorschemes to include.

2. Picking a color scheme means going through all of them, since the
name doesn't mean much.  We should try to organize them a bit, at least
by light and dark background.  Perhaps the background color is the next
property that is most important.  Some adjust to the 'background'
setting and don't define the background color, so that's another
category.   We should end up with a list like:
        both_default
        darkgrey_evening
        lightgrey_desert
        darkblue_yellow
        darkblack_gui_elflord

The "gui" is added for color schemese that only support the GUI.

etc.  We can have the old names source the renamed files, for backwards
compatibility.

--
Individualists unite!