* Zdenek Dohnal <zdoh...@redhat.com> [171103 09:27]:
> On 11/03/2017 02:07 PM, Marvin Renich wrote:
> > * zdoh...@redhat.com <zdoh...@redhat.com> [171103 03:45]:
> Can other users open original file, which has .swp file belonging to
> certain user:group with permissions 0600, as read-only with your
> solution? If not, it could be change of behavior, which can make some
> people unhappy -> that' why I thought it could be configurable behavior.

Yes.  My current version (from Debian package; see below) will give the
"recovery" prompt, and then allow the user to edit it anyway (based on
the answer to the prompt).  This looks like it is working just right.

VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Oct 13 2017 22:38:50)
Included patches: 1-1144

...Marvin