Hi,

2017/12/12 Tue 13:44:19 UTC+9 David Kotchan wrote:
> On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 7:06:37 AM UTC-8, Ken Takata wrote:
>
> > I'm also aware the cursor behavior.
> > I have updated the "optimize-directx" branch in the vim-jp/vim repository.
> > gui_mch_flush() was called unnecessarily several times, and it caused the
> > behavior.
> > I think it is now fixed, but need more tests.
>
> Hi Ken
>
> Thanks for your work! However, I find that pulling code from the latest
> branch (https://github.com/vim-jp/) does not help my problem. I tried
> compiling it (under VS2017) with several different options:

Hmm, did you use the commit 0e7d0764cc24d7563a9eb8c97f3020274a52d09c on
the optimize-directx branch?
I still have no idea why it becomes slow on your environment.

Maybe we need to measure where the slow part is.
Or do we need to add an option to back to the old behavior?

> nmake /A /f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes DIRECTX=yes MBYTE=yes CPUNR=sse2
> OPTIMIZE=SPEED WINVER=0x0A00 FEATURES=HUGE all
>
> nmake /A /f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes DIRECTX=yes MBYTE=yes OPTIMIZE=SPEED
> FEATURES=HUGE all
> (defaults to WINVER=0x0501, CPUNR=any)
>
> and various other configurations, but I find it does not make a difference.
> As before, under Win10 Pro at home, it is quite perfect, but under Win10
> Enterprise at work, it is quite slow.
>
> For what it's worth, I also tried launching using:
>
> gvim -u NONE -U NONE -N -i NONE
>
> and then later setting rop=type:directx (and encoding=utf-8, with a suitable
> TrueType font) to see if that worked, but it did not.  As soon as rop was set
> to directx, Vim would become slow.
>
> I have also tried rop=type:directx,scrlines=1 (as you suggested), but I do
> not find scrlines makes a difference.
>
> Well, this seems like a hard problem to solve. For now I will stay at Vim 8
> patched to 1366, or else I can disable DirectX (ie. no renderoptions) and
> move ahead with 1376 or later if I need to gain the later patches.
>
> I appreciate your time and efforts, it is much appreciated.  Your work over
> the years has contributed very much to Vim functionality under Windows,
> indeed!  Your skill and knowledge in C++/Win32 API is impressive.  Thanks for
> your excellent work.

Thank you, too. ;-)

Regards,
Ken Takata